Caramelised Fennel and Onion Crostini with Goats Cheese
Amazing as a light lunch or appetisers for guests, this is easy to make but so delicious that it will be worth the 20 minutes
preparation time. Recipe Created by Seasoned Cookery School.
To Find out more about Seasoned, go to their website, Facebook or follow them on Twitter.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in pan and add onion, fennel and garlic.
- Stir until well coated in the oil and the onion and fennel start to soften but not brown.
- Increase the heat, add the sugar and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Stir in mustard and vinegar and season generously with salt and black pepper.
- When the liquid has evaporated, reduce the heat slightly and leave the mixture to caramelize and darken around the edges,
stirring occasionally for a further 8-10 minute. Leave to cool.
- Serve the fennel and onion mixture on prepared Crustini and top with goats cheese and a grind of black pepper.
- If preferred goats cheese may be glazed with blow torch.