Cyder Braised Ham with a Honey Mustard Glaze
Method for the ham
- Place the ham into a large stock pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil and strain, removing any residue. Place the ham into a clean stock pot and half fill with cider and water until covered.
- Add the quartered onion, peppercorns and bay leaves and bring back to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer the ham for 1 ½ hours or until cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove the ham from the liquid and place into a deep baking tray.
- Pre-heat your oven to 190C, gas mark 4.
Method for the glaze
- Place all of the ingredients into a saucepan and gently heat until all combined.
- Reduce the glaze slightly until sticky.
- Using a pastry brush, paint the top of the ham with the sticky glaze.
- Place the ham into the oven to roast for 30 minutes until deep golden brown and caramelised.
- Remove from the oven, slice and serve with your favourite accompaniments.